The theoretical part
The theoretical part of the BA thesis is a thorough, synthetic and documented presentation of the theory of the analyzed topic. It is prepared on the basis of specialist literature (thematic monographs, professional articles, the Internet, expert opinions). When there is a great deal of literacy, it must be preceded by substantive verification. The student in the theoretical chapter has the chance to demonstrate his knowledge of the subject literature, as well as the knowledge of theoretical issues related to the topic of work. He should in particular:
– present a short history (evolution, transformation) of the leading concepts occurring at work,
– define concepts that lead to work at the same time as justifying the adoption of a proper definition or interpretation of a specific concept,
– indicate the relationships between the main factors constituting the subject of work in a system such as subordination – supremacy, primordiality – secondaryity, dependent variable – independent variable,
– outline the environmental background of the work by specifying and characterizing the described tools and methods,
– if the bachelor’s thesis is of an economic nature, a socio-economic panorama of the market should be drawn up, where it is embedded with special consideration of the organization’s regularities, its marketing strategies, consumer behavior, characteristics of the product or service.
Basic terms and important for the subject of the BA thesis must be fully explained. In the case of the potential ambiguity of concepts used in the work, it is necessary to discuss them, choose one meaning and then strictly follow the consequences of this description. The new terms proposed by the person who writes the work need to be thoroughly explained. This chapter should be written through the prism of a complex leading thesis as well as exploratory tools to be used. The author presents the submitted knowledge by providing the source footnotes, indicating the author and the title of the publication, the publisher, the place and year of publication, the page (in the case of the journal its name, year and number). If you use the Internet, please provide the exact address as well as the date of entry to the page.
The research part of the work is a critical description of the phenomenon being studied in a specific environment. Here the author of the BA thesis penetrates the reality (examines, for example, the instruments of building consumer loyalty, violence at school, forms of market communication, advertising management structure, methods used to assess employees, the mode of labor costing, applied management styles, etc.). The student in this chapter makes a specific photograph of the examined reality, and then conducts a critical analysis of it, concluded with conclusions that can be used to write a project chapter. The student in this part presents a critical description of the evolution of the studied phenomenon, a case study, possibly the results of research and analyzes related to the topic of the work. A more specific development of this part of the work should consist of such elements as:
– analysis of the environment of the studied environment – industry, market, company, product, service,
– discussing broadly understood trends, directions of evolution, trends,
– a short history and presentation of the current state of the subject of research along with the dynamics of its changes,
– in-depth analysis of the subject of research including evaluation of the value of its specific elements, including in terms of internal features (potential, applications) and external (opportunities and threats); the analysis should be conducted within the scope of the leading criteria for the research subject being carried out, i.e. necessary, adequate and indisputably decisive,
– socio-economic diagnosis based on a rich analytical instrumentarium.
The material for this part of the BA thesis should be collected by the Student as a result of his own empirical research, eg in the form of participating observations, surveys and interviews. In the aspect of secondary sources in this chapter, the Student is less based on literature compact positions (books), and more on materials generated by the analyzed subject (annual reports and other company studies, company prints, descriptions of products and services, websites). A valuable source of information is also industry (professional) publications describing the areas in which the institution or specialist journals run its business.
Sometimes a project should be prepared at the end of the bachelor’s thesis. Then the last chapter is postulative and project character. In this part of the work the author improves the previously described reality (diagnosis), proposing his own perfect proposals, presenting his own organizing project (for example, advertising campaign project, project to improve internal communication in the company, non-material motivational project, individual career paths design, and even a specific work, like an advertising movie or a press advertisement project). This part of the work is interesting not only in the workshop (methodological improvement of the author), but it can be useful for institutions (companies) that have provided empirical data. It is not only a proof of acquiring literary content, but also mastering practical methods of work. This chapter is the most important part of the work in which the student should prove his practical skills in the synthesis of a new quality: creating an original approach to the previously analyzed reality. This should in practice be reduced to the presentation of a new proposal (submission of a new project) of the functioning of the entity (object) appearing in the title of the work. Regardless, however, how these topics will sound specific, for each of them can be separated some universal points, which in the presented chapter should be found. They will be: presentation of a specific process (event, course, operation) in the form of a simple graphical record simultaneously with a description (quantitative and qualitative) of individual sequences of actions, as well as a framework cost plan, selection of appropriate tools for achieving objectives, whose diagnosis was included in the previous chapter, submission of activities aimed at coordinating the operation of specific company’s units (departments), such as, inter alia:
– external communication,
– customer service,
– economic analyzes,
– submission of a new management (management) structure to the company,
– department, product, service or process.
Although this part in the thesis is definitely author’s, the writer may, however, refer to the classics of the subject literature – especially when the studied phenomenon is not new.